Toxic Chemicals In The Home

Toxic Chemicals in the Home

Everyday household products could be killing us.

Air Fresheners – ethanol, phenol, xylene and other nerve deadening products: toxic to our organs.

Pesticides for termites and ants – Chlorpyriphos, has been found in homes 10 years after exposure: affects the nervous system.

Varnishes – Formaldehyde: potential carcinogen, eye and skin irritation, wheezing, coughing, nausea, dizziness and lethargy.

Polyvinyl wallpaper, Floor coverings, Lacquers – Methyl acetate: respiratory irritation, can cause headaches and impaired concentration.

Paints and varnishes- Cadmium, chromates and other potential carcinogens: memory problems, headaches, brain damage, lung disease.

Wood and textile Preservatives, Glues – Pentachlorophenol: toxic to Liver, Kidney, causes sweating, loss of muscle control, central nervous system damage.